Monday, December 3, 2012

Nail Tutorial: Purple & Glitter with Leopard Print Accent Nails

Thank you to everyone who read my first two posts! I'm new to this blogging thing and it's been hard fitting in blogging with school and college applications. I haven't even done my nails at all since I did them for my galaxy tutorial! I finally found some time this week, so I decided to do purple with glitter and leopard spots for an accent. Keep reading if you want to see my first attempt at leopard print!



What You'll Need:

  • Basecoat and Topcoat (Orly's Bonder and Won't Chip are the best!)
  • Base Color (I'm using Metro Chic by Sephora by OPI)
  • White Polish
  • Black Polish
  • Striper/Bobby Pin/Dotting Tool/Toothpick (any of these will work)
  • Glitter Polish


Step One:

Apply one coat of basecoat to protect your nails. Then, apply two thin coats of your base color.

Step Two:

Paint a coat of glitter (or more if you're a glitter addict like me!) on four of your nails, followed by a coat of topcoat to keep them from chipping and make them more shiny.

Step Three:

Dot the white polish randomly on your accent nail. Be sure to leave some space between each dot. I prefer to do this with the brush from the bottle, because leopard spots aren't naturally uniform.

Step Four:

Use the striper to outline the white dots with C shapes. If you're like me, you'll actually have to try not to make the outlines too neat. The messier they are, the more realistic they look.

Step Five:

Make random small black dots in the spaces between the white dots to make your print look more realistic. If you feel that there is too much empty space, you can add more spots by starting with the outline and applying the white over it. This will also contribute to the messy look. Then, apply a coat of topcoat to protect your design.


There you have it, pretty glittery nails with a leopard accent. I hope you guys like it, and thanks for reading!

XOXO Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment